Thursday, June 9, 2011

Already... but not yet!

So I'm setting out to regularly update you on the rambling adventures of life with a "soon to be here" new baby. As I write this I'm sitting with one leg propped up on our coffee table (which I've obsessively dusted as the nesting phase kicks into the highest possible gear). It's huge and swollen as is my baby belly. We're waiting for her with the same eagerness that we had as we waited for our wedding day. It wasn't so much the wedding we were striving for but the actual marriage. What would it be like to be an "us" forever? A little over a year later, that "us" would change dramatically. We found out I was pregnant on October 1st. We'd scheduled a weekend marriage conference and were heading to Greensboro to get all we could out of this conference about loving, honoring and esteeming one another. As we sat through the meetings talking about marriage all we heard was our minds screaming at each other, "We're having a baby. The test was positive." Actually I heard, "I should go get another test, the last three said positive, but it could be wrong." (I was a little anxious if you can't tell). It was a great weekend where just the two of us were in on this secret. We'd talked about what our kids would be like from the first month we dated and now it was a reality.
We were amazed by God's goodness to us. We found out our baby was a girl in January!! And on that day we named her Celia Joy. So now... after months of preparing and planning and growing (by the ladies in our family) we arrive at 40 weeks and 2 days!! I can't wait to see her face, to watch her see her Daddy for the first time, to touch her soft skin and to completely fall in love with her. So we covet your prayers for us as we trust the Lord's timing. He knows her birthday, after all! He's planned her life! Pray that I can have her without being induced. I know that she'll be here next week at the latest.
As I wait I've tried to do something special each day to pass the time away. Today Bobby took me to breakfast at The Food Factory in Cary. I had two breakfasts of an omelette and yummy french toast, plus fresh fruit. ( Gratuitous Eating for two= trying to coax her out by totally stuffing her to the brim). Thats a huge benefit of being pregnant in the summer time... road side stands full of veggies. Tomorrow we go back to the doctor and I'll be put on the monitor to check on Celia. We'll schedule an induction for next week and then hope, pray and wish that I go on my own before then!! So until then I've been watching an extreme amount of Golden Girls and cleaning everything in sight. Life is good. I'm trying to creatively balance my computer on my lap (which is completely taken up by my baby) She's already here, but just not yet... we'll let you know when our hope becomes a reality. Until then Dorothy, Rose and Blanche get my undivided attention. It'll likely be one of the last times my attention will truly be undivided. Bobby likes the show too, don't know if he'd admit it or not. (I just did it for him!!)

2 comments:

  1. I LOVE YOU!!!!

    So glad you have returned to blogging.

    ReplyDelete
  2. yay! I know what that wait is like the last couple days... but you will DEFINITELY make it through... and you are so so close! For now, enjoy propping your feet up and the golden girls! We can't wait to hear the news of Celia Joy!!

    ReplyDelete