Wednesday, February 10, 2010

Random one.



So tonight I'm being completely spastic. We are watching the UNC game...against Duke and I swanny If they don't win I'm going to just flip a lid! (Not really I'm just imagining what it would be like to feel that passionate about it). I do want them to win though. I must say however, I'm more than a tad disappointed by Roy's 'tude these days. I guess I understand it, but my image of him is taking a hit.

What about "In Roy We Trust?" UNC fans? I mean, sports (from my tenderhearted perspective) just don't make sense s
ometimes. All you folks who jumped on the big band wagon when we were the national champions and have suddenly very vocally jumped ship in light of recent losses (I realize I just said wagon and ship in the same metaphor) just don't make sense. Once you're in...you're in. People should take care of their own back yards and let Roy handle his (Bobby would insert a smart remark right about now). I realize I'm on metaphor overload. Sorry. That's all I will probably ever say about that.

I'm writing a novel. Pray. I want to finish it and tonight I started thinking about how I'm 25 (well almost) and I started the thing at 21. Oh dear! So I peppered Bobby with questions about my writing ability:
Me:"Do you think I'm a writer?"
Bobby: "Yes baby. Of course I do."
Me: "Well what if I never get published?"
Bobby: "You have to try."
Me: whiny, dramatic sighing...
Bobby: "You can't not try."

Story of all of our lives
right? We can't just "not try". So we try at most everything we do each day (laundry, cooking, time managment, support raising, being a good friend). I am starting to relax just a little with the process of "trying". I have to remind myself that writing should be done because it's fun and I feel called to it. I should do it because it's inside me and not because I am performance anxietying my way through it.

In other news, Bobby is missing his drums these days! He got a mandolin and a recorder to quench the thirst to play. He also has a harmonica and every time "Fool in the Rain" comes on he wales on it. I'm very proud of any and all of his musical escapades. I clap and yell "Hercules! Hercules" when he learns a new song. (Sorry for The Nutty Professor reference. That movie actually made me cry.)

We are at 84% towards getting to full support! Praise God for his constant provision. Wanted to let you all know. Thanks for the prayers you've sent up. We feel them.

1 comment:

  1. I didn't know Bobby played the harmonica! Schub got me a harmonica for Valentine's Day last year b/c I was determined to learn, and here we are one year later and I don't know how to do anything. Maybe I need Bobby to teach me a few Led Zeppelin harmonica riffs :-)

    ReplyDelete