Friday, January 22, 2010

K Loving it!


Bobby's b-day is coming up!! Last year we went to Sears wearing weird clothes and had fake engagement photos taken. We practiced in the car before and Bobby taught me to smile as awkwardly as possible. It was glorious. Can anyone help me top that?



Warning: This is going to be my most KLOVE ish post to date. (KLOVE is a Christian radio station that leans on the cheesy side, but I listen to it almost all the time. It's not Bobby's favorite however. It's slogan is "postitive, encouraging, KLove!" sung in a little jingle. So anytime we go somewhere in my car Bobby can't wait to change the station and sing "negative, discouraging, Other stations!" to the same tune.

I am usually intense and introspective, but I try to limit that to my time with the Lord. But, I also want to be vulnerable to some degree and since you know about my recent brush with the law I'm feeling a little more bold in what I'll share.

So we've focused on building our team of minisitry partners since August. We've watched God abundantly provide us with support and prayer partners. Today, however, I had a moment when I just felt weary and tired. Then I heard this song that Jesus plays for me when I'm having a blind moment in regards to his purpose and it made me want to curl up in a comfy chair and sip Chick fil A coffee and rest in Christ. (Which lucky for me the office has a comfy arm chair and chick fil A(spelling here?) is giving away free coffee all week). So I leaned back into the chair and let Christ have whatever burdens I commonly carry around. Here are a few stanzas:
oh gently lay your head upon my chest
and I will comfort you like a mother while you rest
the tide can change so fast, but I will stay
the same through past, the same in future, same today

I am constant; I am near
I am peace that shatters all your secret fears
I am holy; I am wise
I'm the only one who knows your heart's desires
your heart's desires

oh weary, tired and worn, let out your sighs
and drop that heavy load you hold 'cause Mine is light
I know you through and through; there's no need to hide
I want to show you love that is deep and high and wide

It's by Jill Phillips. God played it once when I had a migraine in the middle of Daytona Beach Summer Project and I felt so lonely and frustrated. I heard the song and it reminded me that God is constant. God is constant. He will never change and his emotions arn't based on my performance! My headache didn't go away, but I let God into my situation and it changed my response. I love when God meets us right where we are. I want to believe that I shouldn't hide anything from my Savior. His peace really does shatter secret fears (fear of failure or rejection).

I was an English Major. Words minister to me more than anything else. For some people it's nature. I personally can go outside and be out for hours without even looking up at the sky. However, I do see God through words. I actually fell in love with him that way. In middle school I wrote letters to Jesus. I dished about everything I'd experienced during the day. (Y'all know the drama of middle school- frizzy hair plus braces plus lack of athleticism makes for an awkward couple of years... no need for elaboration here :)) And God met me. I felt him delight in the words I wrote and cry with me or laugh with me (and also probably at me sometimes. Ex: I flipped out about wanting to find my husband at the age of 13. My parents dated when they were that age so I blame them for my unrealistic expectations here! ) Anyway, God's grace covered all things (even the silly ones) and I felt God's intense concern and care for me at that age. I trusted him.

I've met my intensity quota for the day. Bobby will be relieved :)! Now that you all know my passion for words you can also be comforted by the fact that I regularly stalk your blogs to learn all I can from your words. Lindsey... thanks for the encouragment to keep updating.

Check out this video if you haven't seen it. I think that Handerson's okay (little Hatian boy from the TLC Barefoot school... keep praying for the others though.)
http://www.youtube.comwatch?v=3tX1ElrtA6s This gave me so much hope. I love the way this little boy is so joyful to be alive!!! I LOVE it!

Bobby should update next time. He loves to share about middle school drama and looking for his wife in the 7th grade! kidding.




2 comments:

  1. you know I love the blog posts. Thanks for the shout out! And thanks for sharing your heart and your klov :-) oh, and heeeey bobby!

    ReplyDelete
  2. hey Jenna, your blog is so much better than Bobby's hahaha...hope you guys are doing well and have a fantastically cheesy b-day!

    ReplyDelete