Tuesday, January 19, 2010

Sitting in the Waiting Room

We are watching Clemson play the rambling wreck of Georgia Tech. That's what Bobby's been singing at least for the past few days. It's a close game and Bobby just screamed "boom shacalaca" and air pumped his fist. I am wearing my "J" apron over my white long sleeve tee and just made easy peasy spaghetti. One of my specialties. This is what I always imagined married life to be like. Spaghetti and Basketball. I love it. (Bobby just threw his hat just so you are aware- the game is getting heated).


My friend Ashley B. came for a visit on Sunday. It was glorious. We laughed so hard that my stomach hurt and I had to run to the sink during dinner to spit my drink out. The best part is neither of us had any idea why we were laughing. Bobby just watched the whole thing play out,

What I didn't expect in married life happened today. It centered around the trek to the Social Security office in North Raleigh where we journeyed to change my name on my card. It takes forever to do that kind of thing. We got there after driving thirty minutes from the office and realized we'd forgotten (like morons :)) our marriage license. Bobby had to drive a full thirty minutes back to Apex and then back to Raleigh. That was fine though because he left me to fend for myself in the line. (#373 in the general line). It was crazy town in there because so many people were hot, ticked off and disliking the wait.

I heard a
sermon recently where the pastor was talking about "waiting" and one of the things that makes it bearable is knowing that everyone waiting with you is equally perturbed. I watched that unfold. One woman waiting to be seen took it upon herself to patrol the crowd for any person using a cell phone because the signs clearly said "NO CELL PHONES". It totally cracked me up. She didn't work for the government. She just wanted to focus her energy I guess. I looked at all the different faces and unsaid stories in that little room and actually thought about how amazing God is as our creator. Not one person in there looked alike and yet everyone was equal in that room. Each person deserved the same attention and got it... even if it took a little longer than average.

It also made me think about the chaos in Haiti right now. All of my parent's friends at the TLC Barefoot school in Port Au Prince survived. I know God spared them for his glory and for his purpose. There is still a search for Handerson (a little boy they support- he is PRECIOUS). They think he and his family may have fled the city to the countryside for safety. Please pray for him and for the people surviving the pain of the quake. I can't imagine what they must be going through. All of that put a measly hour and a half of waiting today in complete perspective.

Those are ramblings from me!
Clemson just lost by two. Bummer man. I hate it when that happens. They fought so hard. But all in all they beat UNC and State in one week so they must have been tired... right? Bobby was very sweet about the UNC loss by the way. He didn't rub it in even once. He didn't even talk about the refs wearing "baby blue underwear". I'm guessing he knew they were burnt orange all along. kidding.

We are continuing to labor with all of God's energy on building our support team. Please pray that we would be able to finish strong. We need 20% more to be Dones-ville. (I've said Crazy Town and Donesville in this post. That is so Lames-burg) Thanks for your prayers as usual. I'm working on sprucing up the old blog.

3 comments:

  1. um, hello. lindsey here. i love this post and i love that you said "Crazy Town," "Donesville," and "Lames-burg" all in one sentence. I knew we were destined to be friends. Only 20% more! That's awesome! so close :-) Can't wait to see you guys again! Hopefully sooner than later.

    ReplyDelete
  2. hahaha until I read Lindsey's comment I thought, Donesville, that must be French. :) Oh my. Thanks for keeping us updated on what's going on in your lives!! Bobby, sorry about the Tigers :(

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love this blog post!!! I can just see you in your 'j' apron making easy peasey spaghetti. :-)

    ReplyDelete