Wednesday, January 20, 2010

Dag Gum.

Today I (Jenna) exercised for the first time this week. It is my New Years resolution to do so at least three times a week. My highest record is twice a week since January began. I'm happy with that though. My second resolution is to not put so much dag gum pressure on every part of my life. So I'm learning to just be pleased with how it happens each week and not worry about the space between reality and perfection. (By the way, the usage of the word "dag gum" is in honor of my sweet Bobby. He uses it many many times a day and "dag gummit" is for when he is super stressed).

I thought "dag gummit" today because I unfortunately sustained an unsightly citation for operation of a motor vehicle at a higher velocity than required by the state of North Carolina. I got a ticket. It was the worst. I sped up to get around a truck that was backing into the middle of the road and then I didn't decelerate as soon as I should have. So I had to just admit the fact that I was speeding. The cop pulled me over in front of our office (mortifying let me just say) and listened to my explanation as my hands shook while getting my license out. I really should start watching more of those cop shows on tv. Then I wouldn't have been so shaken up. The cop wasn't mean at all, just stern. I called Bobby when he went to write a citation and sobbed my face off. His words: "It's okay. Get it together for me. Don't cry when he comes back. Do you want me to come out there?" My response: "No!!! Don't do that. I can handle it. I'll call you to come outside when he leaves." When the cop drove away I got out my cell phone to call Bobby when, out of the corner of my eye, I spotted him. He had gone outside the backdoor of the office and was hidden behind the building to watch the cop hand me the ticket. He was watching to make sure I was okay. I was. It's just one of those things that happens when you least expect it... and usually when you are speeding.

Tonight we had pork chops with our basketball. I've changed so much in marriage. I just sincerely prayed that NC State could hang on and beat Duke. I meant it too.

I am off to a babysitting job in the morning. Ten babies, two babysitters (including me), bring it!

Ticket or not- we are so very blessed.

1 comment:

  1. woot woot! posting two days in a row. I love it. I did the exact step by step thing when I got a speeding ticket within our first year of marriage. my hands shook as I got my liscence out, and then I called schub SOBBING and apologizing profusely when the cop went back to write his ticket. It was the worst... but I haven't gotten one since! Hopefully it will be your last EVER :-)

    ReplyDelete